Which linux distro on new Hardware?

Which linux distro is compatible with my new hardware, that I purchased?. It is a Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3i having Amd ryzen 7 4800h and Nvidia 1650ti graphics.

Many will be, but, there’s no substitute for testing. Most modern distros have LiveCD’s, and it’s “Highly Recommended” to boot from either a USB or CD image and thoroughly test the features that matter most to you:

• NIC Cards / WiFi
  • Graphics / Displays
  • Peripherals
  • etc

@Jay goes into this at length with his Pop!_OS Series

For what its worth, I just installed Pop!_OS on an AMD CPU with an NVIDIA GPU and the KDE Plasma Desktop. All things considered, I’ve no complaints and not found anything that doesn’t works as advertised. YMMV, so test what’s important.

Edit - It’s worth noting, Pop!_OS by System76 sell laptops and desktops, lots of them. So they are no stranger to what it takes in getting things working on either platform.

3 Likes

i have installed ubuntu on that processor with that graphics card before and it seemed to run just fine with no problems, i only used it for a few days as it was for a customer. Not heard back from them since building it and supplying it.

I think Ubuntu works better on new hardware :slightly_smiling_face:

I rather do Manjaro. It is much easier to install latest software in Manjaro.