Ubuntu Kubernetes Pi Cluster - Docker version snag

First, thanks for the tutorial videos!

I had success up until initiating (joining) the nodes. While in preflight, I got the following:

[WARNING SystemVerification]: this Docker version is not on the list of validated versions: 20.10.3. Latest validated version: 19.03
[WARNING SystemVerification]: missing optional cgroups: hugetlb

I know the video is a little dated, but is there a simple solution? I just don’t know if this is a Kubernetes or docker hangup.

Thanks for all you do!!
Be safe.

The situation you are running into is a problem I’m trying really hard to figure out how to solve on the channel - when I create tutorials, things change right from underneath my feet. And then I have to eventually redo the video. At some point, I’m going to figure out a way to modularize my content so I can easily re-edit as needed. But I digress.

Without seeing your config, if I had to guess, I’d say you’re probably using Docker from the official Docker repo, which is newer than the version that ships with Ubuntu. It’s probably my fault, I might’ve told you to do that in the video, and while that’s not necessarily wrong, they could’ve changed something in their repo and now it’s not compatible with the Kubernetes software.

Also, make sure you’re using LTS Ubuntu, this is one reason why I avoid non-LTS, it’s too difficult to keep things working in tutorials because it changes too rapidly (and LTS is recommended for production anyway).

I think I need to redo that video honestly. Let me know what the solution ends up being, because that will impact the new version of that video if I do choose to redo it.

1 Like

I got it to work. I was using 20.10 and not LTS. I do appreciate the reply. I understand the obstacles. That’s the fun part about diy projects. It’s not on your end. Too many variables on my end. Keep the vids coming!

Thanks so much!

1 Like