So I watched a video from Linus Tech Tips about gaming mice and I decided to ask a question about gaming mouse without RGB lighting and my comment got deleted without a warning. Thanks a lot, YouTube.
Anyway, I saved my comment/question with my requirements I’ve mentioned in my GEdit text editor and now I’m going to post it here. And yes, I am one duodecillion* percent beyond sure I did not swore! Good grief I did not! I mean, you kidding me…? Anyway… (sigh, whew…)
I want a wireless gaming mouse that satisfies one of my requirements.
- No RGB lighting. I want my mouse to go to sleep within a minute when not in use.
- Plus/Minus DPI buttons. I like to switch between them at will.
- I do not want to use software for configuring a gaming mouse. I am running Arch Linux and I do not need to download software if I don’t want to. I simply want to turn off the RGB LED right away when I buy one.
- Did I mention “no RGB lighting?” I stated it once and that’s my number one requirement.
- The mouse should be wireless so I don’t have to worry about a wire pulling the mouse toward even if I tried to find ways to prevent that from happening.
I am a casual gamer, so I play games such as Portal, Portal 2, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest XI S, and sometimes Bioshock Infinite, although it’s been years since I have not played that game. Alas, back around 1998, I used to play a demo version of Quake II with just a standard mouse that came with an IBM Aptiva computer, but that was a long time ago.
As I have my computer connected to my home theater receiver, I do watch movies, TV shows, and any form of video content, so I do not like that I have to manually turn off the Logitech mouse to prevent the mouse from distracting my eyesight when I’m not using it. Yes, I can turn the mouse off manually, but can the mouse please go to sleep when I’m not using it!?
And I’m serious. I am not a fan of RGB lighting. If it works, turn off the lights while I can still use it. I currently have a Silverstone FARA R1 computer case with a plain side panel and front USB ports. I am an “out-of-sight, out-of-mind” type of guy when it comes to computer cases, so if I plan on buying a Lian Li O11 Mini Air, I would probably paint the TG side panel black or white depending on the color of the computer case. I mean, I am a gamer, but just because I’m a gamer does not mean I should force myself love RGB lighting down my throat.
That’s why it can be very tricky to find a software-free gaming mouse that does not have any RGB lighting.
With all the requirements listed above, could anyone please recommend me a wireless gaming mouse?
*Duodecillion: 1 with 39 zeros. Besides, YouTube’s spam filtering system for comments is completely broken beyond repair. Am I exaggerating too much? Anyway, “decillion” is 1 with 33 zeros.