So I have a book

So I bought a copy of linux command and shell scripting bible 3rd edition from Amazon and I was sent 2 copies. As it turns out I put it in my cart twice and I accidentally bought 2 copies. I’ve got it sitting in a box waiting to be mailed out but I’m not sure where to send it. I could send it back to Amazon but I would rather it go to a good home. Its definitely not current, the first chapter has good information on burning live cd’s, since most modern computers have a build in cd-rom drive. But as far as I can tell, the rest of the info still applies. In any case, if anyone is interested in adopting this book please let me know.

4 Likes

In case I wasn’t clear. I will send this book to anyone that would like it, for free.

1 Like

This is a very generous offer. My teenage son loves Bash Scripting, and I’m currently trying to learn it. I’ve been a long time Linux Enthusiast but have never learned any programming language. I introduced my son to Linux about 4 years ago, and he started out learning C++ on a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B, then took to learning Bash, Vim Script, AWK, and has dabbled with Rust. Clearly he has a love for programming. A week ago, I had my first Bash programming victory. I wrote my own script, it worked, and I didn’t stop and ask my son a single question even though he was sitting next to me in our geek cave.

If you feel we would be a good fit and home for your book let me know. Just curious, is this to book that I hear referenced on a few of Linux podcasts as the best book to show you the full power of Bash scripting?

I’m not sure if this book is the one you have heard of. I’m about a quarter of the way through the book and I haven’t even started reading about scripting yet. It details quite explicitly many of the inner workings of linux and bash. I think i saw distrotube mention it was his go to reference for scripting. But if you are going to read it, then your home would be a perfect fit.

Thanks look for an email from me.

I got your email. I will send it off as soon as I can.

1 Like

An excellent book !!!