Help with Migrating a Mount Command to FSTAB

Hello! I’m fairly new to Linux and have stared a HomeLab running Docker to support the ARR apps and other goodies. My media library is on an old MAC Pro which I have mounted using the following command.

sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.10.6/plex\ library /mnt/plexlibrary -o username=xxxx,password=yyyy,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0775,dir_mode=0775,uid=1000,gid=1000,vers=3.0

**-Side Note - I’m temporarily keeping the login credentials in the command and will move them to a separate file once I get things moved to FSTAB.

I’ve been trying to get this command into FSTAB and was wondering if anyone could help me properly reformat it? I’ve tried cutting it down to bare bones like this…

//192.168.10.6/plex\ library /mnt/testmount cifs user=xxxx,password=yyyy,uid=1000 0 0

…but I always get…

mount error(22): Invalid argument

The mount is working perfectly from the command line, but not so much in FSTAB.

Thanks,
/Jeff

With that fstab entry, show the output of mount -vvv /mnt/plexlibrary.

I would also remove the “plex\ library” space in between those two. In your SMB or Samba share, change the share name to plex_library or plexlibrary or something.

//192.168.10.6/plex_library /mnt/plexlibrary cifs user=xxxx,password=yyyy,uid=1000 0 0

You might be able to get away with:

"//192.168.10.6/plex library" /mnt/plexlibrary cifs user=xxxx,password=yyyy,uid=1000 0 0

but I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

Having that space in the file share folder name turned out to be the culprit. Thanks for the tip…!

/J

1 Like