From Poverty to Career: I Got A Career in IT and You Can Too!

It’s all about the journey, not the destination. I will never stop exploring and learning.

I’m just say’n.

1 Like

Well I’m being jostled constantly along my journey.

That sounds great!. Never imagined that type of learning method online and looks promising. I would jump on. It would be interesting to start as a small office project from zero, like setting up networking from a linux perspective, a storage server, maybe a mail server, an intranet, a website, well you get the idea. Many of these tasks are real requirements in many small companies in my country. Now using the power of cloud in these small projects could make it more interesting, even using raspberry pi in some appliances.

4 Likes

I’m ba’ack; though a little ashamed since it’s been about a year since I’ve been active here. But I guess since this thread is admiring “the struggle” this is the right place. My strength and vigor, and clarity of thought have been doing better these past few weeks.

Not what they used to be but doing fair. There have been more good days in the past nearly two months so I built a prefab metal shelving unit with my eleven year old son, and I’ve also been doing some metal cutting and grinding on my own with some quarter inch hollow square bar.

On the tech side I’ve had a couple people outright give me old laptops and I bought a third one. So I’ve been able to install Linux Mint on the new one and I am playing with Puppy Linux and I watched Jay’s demonstration on Bodhi Linux, for the older laptops.

I had to prove to myself that I was able to consistently feel well enough for a few weeks before I expressed my intention to pop back in here. Sorry that I haven’t been able to contribute for a while.

1 Like

I"m glad you’re doing better; don’t over-do it though! :smile_cat: :penguin:

1 Like