System Administrator Appreciate Day is Friday July 28th! To celebrate, Learn Linux TV will produce a video on the subject that will be uploaded around that date.
If you’re a system administrator (doesn’t have to be Linux-related), and want to be involved, here’s the details:
Answer one of the following questions:
- What was the most interesting/odd/unusual/funny situation you’ve solved for a company you’ve worked for or a client?
- Describe a situation where you averted disaster for the systems you maintain where production continued and no one knew there would’ve been an issue because you solved it in time
- What’s one thing you wish other people knew about your role as a system administrator?
- Was there a time where someone at work made you feel appreciated for your work as a SysAdmin?
- What do you love most about your job?
Here are the rules:
- Not every video submitted will be used, and your odds of being in the video depend on how many people submit entries
- If you submit a video, you’re giving me permission to integrate it into the video
- Submitted entries are subject to being edited to fit in the allotted time
- Please tell me whether or not I have permission to use your name, I can mask your name if you prefer not to be named
- This is NOT a contest, and there is no prizes or earnings of any kind
- Please don’t mention the name of the company you work/worked for, or any names of other individuals, unless you have written permission to do so.
- Do not provide confidential system or IP addressing info
- If you want to enter, PM me here, and we can work out the details of how you can send your submission to me.
Video submission requirements:
In order for your submission to be considered, please follow the guidelines below. Most smartphones available nowadays should handle these requirements no problem:
- Resolution: 4K 24FPS (all current smartphones should be able to do this)
- Landscape position and NOT portrait please
- MP4 preferred but will accept other formats if my video editor is able to read them
- Give me the text for your “title card”, which will include your name (doesn’t have to be your real name), Company Name (real company name if you have permission, or a codename if not), and Job Title (you can say simply “System Administrator” if you don’t want to be too specific)
I’ll edit this post if anything needs further clarification.